When booking one of our one-to-one training sessions you acknowledge you have read and fully accept our Terms and Conditions.
– If you need to cancel or reschedule a one-to-one session, please give 48 hours notice, otherwise the full session fee will be payable. Positive Steps Dog Training may consider true emergencies on a one-to-one basis and reschedule without charge.
– If less than 48 hours notice is given for a cancellation, we cannot guarantee rescheduling of the session.
– You will be notified up to an hour before the sessions begins if it is to be cancelled due to weather conditions. Weather conditions change quickly so it will be left until the last hour for a final decisions to be made, dependant on the type of training required.
– If your session has been cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, we will reschedule the sessions for a later date.
– All fees must be paid in advance of each session. If payment has not been made, the training session will not go ahead.
– Fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of your trainer.
Fees can be paid by bank transfer to:
Account Name: Nikki Mather – Positive Steps Dog Training
Sort Code: 04-00-04
Account Number: 66839517
Positive Steps Dog Training provides force-free, positive reinforcement training methods. Aversive training equipment will not be permitted during training. If these forms of equipment are used, we reserve the right to cease our working relationship. This includes choke chains, prong collars, electronic collars and any device that causes pain and discomfort.
Training sessions can only be undertaken by persons 18 or over. If you are under 18 then there must be a responsible adult present at all times.
Positive Steps Dog Training holds full Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance. Positive Steps Dog Training makes every effort to ensure the safety of both their client and dogs during sessions. Although Positive Steps Dog Training is fully insured when confirming a booking, you accept that there are risks involved when working with dogs and this can result in injury to those humans or dogs involved. You agree that Positive Steps Dog Training cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or damage to property during 1-2-1 sessions either inside or outside your home.
If a dog is known to be human or dog aggressive, this must be disclosed prior to booking.
Photos and Confidentiality
By agreeing to our terms, you give Positive Steps Dog Training permission to publish images of yourself and your dog in relation to marketing materials and social media use. If you do not agree to photos being used, please make Positive Steps Dog Training aware so we can avoid publication.
All client details are kept in confidence and will not be passed on to third parties. Email addresses may be used to inform clients of activities and services provided by Positive Steps Dog Training.
If you or any of your family are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate, please advise Positive Steps Dog Training as soon as you are aware and your session will be postponed until a later date.
Social distancing will be observed throughout your session and where possible, you will be asked to under take the session outside in your garden. If this is not possible, please observe social distancing rules and the trainer will keep at least 1 metre from the client.