Separation anxiety in dogs is one of the most difficult behaviours to live with. Dogs are social animals and typically don’t like to be left alone, they’d just much rather be with us!
It’s not always easy to determine the difference between whether a dog is disappointed that you’ve left, or completely freaking out. But there are some telltale signs that you can look out for!
– Excessive barking, whining, crying or howling
– Chewing, typically of owner’s items
– Pacing and restlessness
– Destruction of floors/walls, particularly around points of entry
– Attempts to escape, sometimes leading to self-harm
– Toileting accidents
– Increase in anxiety as you’re preparing to leave
– Disinterest in food (but not with all dogs)
All of these common signs of separation anxiety are generalisations, and behaviour will always differ between each individual dog.
If you’re struggling with your dog’s separation anxiety, and you feel like you have lost your freedom and are having to choose between having your pet and having a life.. it doesn’t have to be that way!!
Separation anxiety training works to help your dog to feel safe and comfortable when home alone, using a kind, evidence-based training approach. It really is life changing, for you and your dog.
– Our 10-week training course includes:
– Access to the exclusive training app
– Weekly Zoom sessions with a certified SA Pro trainer
– Step-by-step training exercises for you to easily follow
– Unlimited trainer support throughout the course
– Remote training, so you can work with us from anywhere in the world!
Please get in touch if you would like to book the course or would like some further information. We look forward to supporting you and your dog throughout your training journey!